Monday, September 12, 2011

New Beginnings

Well a lot has happened since February 2010. Two of my long time companions, Mischief and Sport have since passed on. They were victims of the melamine tainted pet food scam that of 2007. We fought kidney failure with diet and medication for years but both surcomed to kidney failure in the end.


















Mischief, my black cat, passed on 2 September 2010 and Sport passed on a few months later on 4 January 2011.



As I knew that they furballs were coming close to the end of their days, I developed weak moment and took pity on a small black cat that had visited my parents back yard. This little skinny cat that was nothing more than literally skin and bones, wormed her way into my heart. She was obviously malnourished and starved. I began by stealing a little of my parent's cat's cat food and feeding her. She returned the next day and my folks offered her a small hamburger patty from the grill. And by day three, I was picking up a grocery store brand of food to keep her interest. My nephew worked with me to gain her trust. Together we befriended this little cat my nephew named Keena and within a few weeks she promptly brought us five little kittens. Chloe, Bear, Gizmoe, Buddy and Zoe were all quickly tamed down and eventually everyone was handed a two-way trip ticket to the veterinarian's office! They were tested for serious feline diseases and when the tests came back negative, they were all dewormed, de-flee'd, and de-mited. Two kittens found homes with a loving family and the remaining four were innoculated and spayed/castrated. Keena eventually went on to live with another family and Chloe, Gizmoe and Bear remained. They are now indoor only kitties who dine on some of the better quality cat food available. They are definitely not Mischief and Sport and by no means will they ever replace these long term companions but I do believe that they will be interesting and enjoyable feline furballs to have around.

































































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home