Monday, January 30, 2012

Mew News





Well here it is in the new year, 30 January 2012. The kittens have all grown and three have remained with me. The mother Keena is now living with a young couple and their two sons, Buddy and Zoe are now with Margaret, a nice lady who seemed to have lots of love to shower them with. Chloe was originally going to live with my sister but she was returned to me. She tried a couple of other homes but she wasn't happy there either so I guess she is here to stay. So the trio that will remain with me is Gizmoe, my little gray trouble maker, BooBear, the black playful girl and Chloe, the quiet brown tabby with the softest fur ever! All are spayed and up-to-date on their innoculations.

And speaking of innoculations, there has been a lot of controversy regarding the frequency of vaccinations. It appears that the annual vaccinations are no longer recommended and that there should be longer periods of time between vaccinations because the innoculation themselves are causing some serious health concerns. It has become widespread enough that there is now a term for it, Vaccinosis (google the term and you will see numerous articles on this subject). Many veterinarians recommend expensive Titre tests but there is even controversy on the accuracy of these tests. As a result, I am choosing to extend the period of time between vaccinations for the felines since they are indoor only cats and are at a lower risk of contracting diseases. In the past I vaccinated my cats every third year and they lived to be 17 and 19 years of age. I'm sure that they would have lasted longer if it wasn't for the melamine tainted foods!





Also added to the family is two small mix breed dogs, Sammy and Maggie. Both are amazing pups! Sammy was born March 24, 2011 and Maggie was born June 28, 2011, both share the same father but their looks and personality could be no more different! They will both stay at about the 10 to 12 pound range and that is just perfect considering that they live with feline fur balls. Gizmoe and BooBear get along with the pups fabulously but Chloe is not at all appreciative of their presence. The dogs have been taught to leave Chloe alone and are doing quite well giving her the space she desires. It has been many years since I have had canine companions and I must admit, working with these two, it has been far too long!


So the new family is complete. As much as I miss the old guys, am looking forward to making new memories with this group!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home